AUTM Business Development Course – Diagnostics
Commercialization for Medical Diagnostics Technologies
Medical diagnostics have become one of the leading disruptive areas for innovation in healthcare industry. New tools rapidly enter medical laboratories and physicians’ offices, appear on the shelves of convenience stores creating a new paradigm in healthcare.
Next-generation sequencing, wearable sensors, liquid biopsies, new point-of-care and companion diagnostics had a profound impact on healthcare delivery. As the medical diagnostics field develops the commercialization path for novel diagnostic technologies becomes progressively more sophisticated and complex.
**Any individual registered for Life Sciences Future is applicable to attend the AUTM Business Development Course Diagnostics. Please RSVP to the course during registration.
This Course will:
- Provide an overview of the commercialization process for medical diagnostics
- Share real-life examples, and detail requirements and hurdles for developing such technologies from product conception through market launch
- Address current trends and needs of the sector
- Share updates on IP protection environment within and outside of the U.S.
- Provide insights on regulatory considerations and pathways
- Discuss reimbursement hurdles and trends
- Review issues around managing and protecting patient data
- Discuss deal structures for licensing and partnering of stand-alone biomarkers, companion diagnostics, point-of-case diagnostics, and diagnostic platform technologies
- Touch upon issues and practices to be considered during negotiations
Invited speakers include representatives from large diagnostic companies and diagnostic startups, university licensing specialists, intellectual property attorneys, and reimbursement and regulatory experts. Attendees will come away better equipped to address the challenges of commercialization in the diagnostics marketplace.